Whether you are just getting into the health of your hair or you have been on your healthy hair care journey for some time now you may be experiencing slowed hair growth. It can be rather frustrating but we hope these tips will help you take a look at your hair care regimen to ensure that you are doing everything you can to support your hair growth. We have 5 reasons why your natural hair isn’t growing:
- Water - Dehydration affects your entire body and your hair is included in that. When you don’t drink enough water it can play a role in the hydration of your scalp and strands. Water supports the blood flow to your scalp and ceases dry and brittle hair.
- Vitamins - Hair is made of a protein called keratin and some vitamins support the upkeep and production of keratin. Since the entire body needs nutrients from vitamins, if your hair doesn’t get enough then the follicles go into a resting state.
- Hair too dry - This is the most noticeable reason hair does not grow. When your hair is dry it is weak and more prone to breakage. When this occurs it is nearly impossible to retain any length. Many things cause and encourage dryness but once you learn your hair, keeping it moisturized can be pretty easy.
- Stress - Stress just like hydration affects your entire body. When you are stressed it causes the follicles to go into a resting state. In a resting state the hair stops growing and the production of new strands.
- Products - Be sure you are using products that cater to your hair. You stunt your hair growth when you use products that do not help maintain the moisture of your hair. Products that include sulfates, even though it is a great cleaning agent strips hair of its natural oils resulting in dry brittle hair.