Do you wish you could get the same curls or silk press with your extensions as you would your natural hair? Well, you can and it can be just as easy. We’ve got some steps you can follow to be sure you’re doing it right.
- Before shampooing, comb through your extensions to smooth out any snags. Hold a handful of hair firmly in the middle to provide some resistance to the comb and to protect the wefts.
- After you’ve shampooed, dry your extensions using a blow-dryer or let it air dry. If you decide to blow dry, use comb attachment and dry in 2-inch sections until completely dry.
- Apply a small amount of heat protectant to your extensions, then brush it through, distributing it evenly. This is very important as heat protectants can help reduce thermal styling damage to your weave.
- A starting temperature of 400 degrees would be enough to get even the kinkiest of hair straight as long as you pass it over the section slowly.
- Straighten your hair section by section. It should only be necessary to go over each section one time at an unhurried speed. Continue doing so until you have completely flat ironed your hair.
- Once your hair is all straightened and styled as desired, you can use spray for extra shine.